Semalt – How To Scrape Websites Using Chrome Scraper Extension
The web has become full of essential data in which marketing leads could be easily generated. When it comes to content marketing, the reputation of your business matters a lot. As a marketer, you need to grab your customers attention and create boosted engagement altogether. This is where web content extraction comes in.
Clean, consistent, and accurate data plays an integral part when it comes to online marketing. Webmasters, bloggers, and online marketers use data for research, market analysis, and for making quality and overall business decisions.
What Is Web Scraping?
Also known as web data scraping, web scraping is a strategy used by webmasters and web scrapers to retrieve significant amounts of unstructured data from websites whereby the scraped data is exported to a database or saved to a local file. With web scraping, you can easily extract business details such as phone numbers and email addresses.
If you are a content marketer or an online marketer, it pays to have lots of email addresses of potential readers and audience. Note that you can hire content extraction services or extract data from the website using your local machine and export the scraped content to a database.
Scraper Extension For Chrome
If you are using Google Chrome as your primary browser, web scraping just got easier. Web scraper is automated Chrome's plugin that automatically extracts images, data, emails, and phone numbers from web pages. Web scraper chrome offers web scrapers with an opportunity to retrieve data from multiple data sources at the same time.
Web scraper allows you to create a plan (sitemap) that is used to navigate and scrape websites automatically. With this plugin, you don't need thousands of scrapers to scrape sites for you manually. Web scraper chrome pulls out data from target websites and uploads the scraped information to Google Docs.
Scraping A Website Using Web Scraper Chrome
- Open your Google Chrome browser and click on Chrome Web Store
- Search for "Scraper" in your extensions
- Click on "Add to Chrome" button to add web scraper to your list of extensions
- Open your target website and select the target content
- Right-click on the selected content and tap "Scrape Similar."
- Web scraper console (new window) will be displayed on your screen. Note that the scraper console displays the scraped content from the target web pages
- You can decide to save the scraped content to a local file or as a Google Spreadsheet. Click on "Save to Google Docs." Option to save the scraped content as a spreadsheet
Web scraper for chrome is also used to extract both XML and HTML documents. To scrape HTML data using this extension, click on "XPath" option under the scraper console to find the elements in a target web page. Web scraper chrome is widely used to extract data from the web for leads generation and market analysis. All you have to do is find the right element and write a specific XPath for the element.